Here are the full details about Sirity Burning Ghat, including its address and contact details, facilities provided and the procedure to follow inside the cremation ground
How to reach Sirity Burning Ghat
Nearest Metro Station: Tollygunge Metro Station
The closest landmark from the crematorium ground isNSHM Hostel, The Tollygunge Club
Full Address: Basanta Lal Saha Road, Sirity, Tollygunge, Kolkata, West Bengal- 700041
The process of Sirity Burning Ghat
- They don’t have an online booking facility, so the priorities are set on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- You can book an ambulance by contacting the below-mentioned numbers.
- It is compulsory to have a death confirmation of a person from a doctor or hospital authorities along with ID proof.
- Only after verifying the details, the Cremation Manager allows for further procedure.
- The burning process of the body will be completed within 1 to 1.5 hours and later you can collect ashes.
- After the completion of the cremation, you will be provided with a Death Certificate immediately.
What is the procedure to be followed after reaching the cremation ground?
- Meet the crematorium manager first as soon as you reach the Sirity Burning Ghat and check for the slot availability.
- If the slot is available, go on and buy the samagries from the shops inside the crematorium and take the deceased on a stretcher to an electric or wooden chamber.
- In case of unavailability of the slot, wait for your turn in the waiting room.
- There will be priests inside the crematorium to assist you in the last rites.
Costs, Facilities and Services offered by the cremation ground authorities
The cost of the services provides at Sirity Burning Ghat are as follows:
- The adult electric cremation registration fee: Rs 250/-The adult wooden cremation fee: Rs 220/-
- The minor electric cremation registration fee: Rs 130/-
- The minor wooden cremation fee: Rs 80/-
- The wood cremation complete charge Rs 2392/- for an adult and Rs 1200/- for a child.
Facilities available at the crematorium are:
- Free drinking water
- Wide and open parking place
- A proper neat and clean waiting place
- Pujari service is available
People believe in a peaceful life after the death of their loved ones. After death, the salvation of the soul becomes a necessary part of life. So, as the soul leaves the body, giving a peaceful funeral along with traditional rituals to be followed is a must. And everyone wishes to give a grand funeral in remembrance of the person.
Sirity Burning Ghat in Kolkata comes under the supervision of Kolkata Municipal Corporation (KMC). This peaceful place is surrounded by greenery which will relieve your worries. This ghat possesses 8 cottahs of land and 2 electric furnaces. The KMC has planned to improvise the infrastructure of Sirity Burning Ghat. Plus, the addition of two or three or a few more electric furnaces for performing the last rites of gone ones has been planned. Separate places for resting of family members is also available along with other modern facilities. The crematorium has already proposed for the expansion of 6 cottahs more giving the crematorium more spaces for the funerals.