How to reach Ramakrishna Mahasamadhi Smashan
Nearest metro station: Sovabazar metro station
closest landmark from the cremation ground is Dashama Vidya Mandir
Full address: Lane no. 5, Chandra Kumar Roy Ln, Kutighat, Kasipur, Kolkata, West Bengal
Here are the full details about Ramakrishna Mahasamadhi Smashan, including its address and contact details, facilities provided and the procedure to follow inside the cremation ground.
The process of Ramakrishna Mahasamadhi cremation ground
- They don’t have an online booking facility, so the priorities are set on first come, first serve basis
- You can book an ambulance by contacting the below-mentioned phone numbers
- It is compulsory to have death confirmation of a person from a doctor or hospital authorities along with a photo ID proof
- Only after verifying the details, the Crematorium Manager allows for further procedure
- The burning process of the body will be completed within 1 to 1.5 hours and later you can collect the ashes
- After the completion of the cremation, you will be provided with the Death Certificate immediately
What are the procedures to be followed after reaching the cremation ground?
- Meet the crematorium manager first as soon as you reach the Ramakrishna Mahasamadhi Smashan and check for slot availability.
- If the slot is available, go on and buy the samagries from the shops inside the crematorium and take the deceased on a stretcher to an electric or wooden chamber.
- In case of unavailability of the slot, wait for your turn in the waiting room.
Cost, Facilities and Services offered by the cremation ground authorities
The cost of the services provides at Ramakrishna Mahasamadhi cremation ground are as follow:
- The adult electric cremation registration fee: Rs 250/-
- The adult wooden cremation fee: Rs 220/-
- The minor electric cremation registration fee: Rs 130/-
- The minor wooden cremation: Rs 80/-
- The wood cremation complete charge Rs 2392/- for adult and Rs 1200/- for child
Facilities available at the crematorium are:
- Free drinking water
- Wide and open parking place
- A proper neat and clean waiting place
- Pujari service is available
Kolkata, formally known as Calcutta, is one of the most populous metropolitan city in India. It is also known as the “City of Joy”. The reason why Kolkata could maintain its peace in the chaos is the equal treatment it gives to life and death. That’s true.
Some of the cremation grounds and services provided by the committee handling them are doing a great job. They also ensure that the memorial grounds remains clean and tidy as well as environment friendly. One of them is Ramakrishna Mahasamadhi Smashan in Kolkata.