Here are the full details about Ramakrishna Mahasamadhi Smashan, including its address and contact details, facilities provided and the procedure to follow inside the cremation ground.
How to reach Kalewadi Cremation Ground
Full Address: 04/06/1497, Adarsh Nagar, Kalewadi, Pimpri-Chinchwad, Maharashtra 411017
The process of Kalewadi Cremation Ground
- They don’t have an online booking facility, so the priorities are set on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- You can book an ambulance by contacting the below-mentioned numbers.
- It is compulsory to have a death confirmation of a person from a doctor or hospital authorities along with ID proof.
- Only after verifying the details, the Cremation Manager allows for further procedure.
- The burning process of the body will be completed within 1 to 1.5 hours and later you can collect ashes.
- After the completion of the cremation, you will be provided with a Death Certificate immediately.
What is the procedure to be followed after reaching the cremation ground?
- Meet the crematorium manager first as soon as you reach the Kalewadi Cremation Ground and check for the slot availability.
- If the slot is available, go on and buy the samagries from the shops inside the crematorium and take the deceased on a stretcher to an electric or wooden chamber.
- In case of unavailability of the slot, wait for your turn in the waiting room.
- There will be priests inside the crematorium to assist you in the last rites.
Costs, Facilities and Services offered by the cremation ground authorities
The cost of the services provides at Kalewadi Cremation Ground is currently unavailable at this time.
Facilities available at the crematorium are:
- Free drinking water
- Wide and open parking place
- A proper neat and clean waiting place
- Pujari service is available
Biding forever goodbyes is not as easy as a click. But whatever it takes, one must perform the last rites of the demised ones with grace.
Pimpri Chinchwad, Pune is the fastest growing city of Maharashtra witnessing the rapid growth in urbanization. And is fighting the challenges that come underneath. Along with this, challenges have knocked on the door of such a city in the regulation of crematorium grounds. Pune Municipal Corporation is a committee for handling and maintaining the cremation grounds.
The Kalewadi cremation ground is a huge area of land provided with electric furnaces and wooden pyres for the burning of dead bodies. The word ‘Kalewadi’ is derived from the name of farmers mainly from the Kale family.